Do you provide transport to and from College?

We do not provide transport; an assessment would need to be requested from your home Local Authority. As part of the Langdon College provision, we do deliver some travel training and learners will access public transport to get around their local community.


How many days provision to do you offer?

Most of our students attend College Monday to Thursday 9.30-3.45 and Friday 9.30-12.00.  However, if you are looking at a reduced placement we are able to provide this too. This can be discussed with you.


Are there any fees to pay?

The College is funded through the ESFA (Education and Skills Funding Agency) and also the Local Authority through the High Needs Funding block if learners have an EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan). Parents are not expected to pay fees. 


Does my son/daughter need to have an EHCP?

Ideally, learners should have an EHCP in place which identifies their SEND (Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities).  However, we are happy to meet with you and discuss circumstances on an individual basis. It may be that we can support you to apply for an EHCP assessment from your Local Authority.


How old do I have to be to attend Langdon College?

Langdon College provision is for learners aged 16-25, we do offer transition visits for students who will join us from school, this may start from age 14 and this can be planned with you and your son/daughters current provision.


How long can I stay at Langdon College?

Learners with an EHCP will have an annual review meeting where we will discuss progress and achievement, after this meeting a decision is made in liaison with the Local Authority as to whether another year at College would be appropriate. Learners usually remain at College for 3years, however, as mentioned above there are times where this may be more or less dependent on individual needs and progress made during the academic year.


What do students do for lunch?

At Langdon College London, learners bring a packed lunch to College. There are milky kitchen facilities so that students can heat up lunch if required. At the Manchester campus, as we have residential students, we provide lunch for all students from our kosher kitchen.


What types of support can you provide?

The type of support we can offer will be discussed during transition visits and assessments. It will be based on support stated in your EHCP and at school. We can provide 1-1 support, shared and group support, personal care, behavioural and pastoral support. We also have Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapists who will work with learners based on the support stated in their EHCP. Support needs are something that can be discussed and based on individual needs.